Saturday, March 17, 2012

And We're Off

Once upon a time, there was a family that was blessed with the opportunity to go to Tokyo for a month. How does one pack for a long trip you say? Well I started about two weeks ahead of our flight. Target became my second home as well as a few trips to the dollar store. Whenever something came to mind, I'd add it to the list. I also laid out the suitcases a week before and slowly added to them. It consumed most of my mind for two weeks and I was SO glad to zip up each suitcase and bring them all downstairs. Is this all the luggage? Actually there is one more regular sized suitcase not pictured.


There were a few moments we felt like God was looking out for our trip (thanks to many of you for your prayers!) My eyes were randomly drawn to two picture books to help kids learn Japanese words. I asked Eric if he wanted to bring them and he thought for a moment before racing up the stairs, coming back down with Ethan's suitcase. He had wanted to pack the books in one of the few remaining available spaces among all our luggage and knew E's suitcase had room. "I'm not sure we would have remembered this if you hadn't asked me about those books!" he said.

Thankfully we got off to a great start with ALL our luggage in tow! More on other blessings and mishaps to come!


5 comments:

Jo B. said...

YAY, I love a good story, especially one about four very special people. I can't wait to read the next chapter! Praying for safe journeys and unexpected joys!
JoJo

butters said...

Yay Sarah... It's good to get a little taste from you from afar.(: I will run your race for you today! Thank you! Next year maybe I can sIgn up with you and your sis. Love you and your fam, the boys and I said a pray for you guys the other day.

Steph said...

Oh my gosh! So glad you thought of those books! So excited to hear more! What a great pick of your sweet family. :)

Nina said...

Precious family X's four!! Great family picture with smiles that bring joy straight to my heart<3 Thanksgiving to God for this blessing to Japan. I also thank Him for the way He helped you prepare for every detail before you left. Lots of detail inside all that luggage. To be done is a praise moment for sure. I see precious cargo(E and A) among the luggage that you also did an awesome job of preparing for this big trip! Full of positive comments before they left with lots of giggles.XOXO

Thank you for posting. Appreciate you've had to set up home and unpack,and grocery shop etc... (look forward to grocery store stories)(: Love you mucho a cada uno!!!!

Dan Mosley said...

Great Meiji Jingu family photo.
Wow!! is that a fireplace in your apato(apartment)? now that's something i haven't seen in Tokyo.