Thursday, March 29, 2012

Grocery Shopping Adventures

Another blessing we have received is a grocery store within walking distance. In fact, it's only two blocks away. The first day Eric went to work, I ventured off to the store with the kids. Out of our place, we turn right and head down the street.

The kids took at least a minute trying to figure out what pose they wanted to do for this picture. Ethan ended up with this one because he thought his friends would think it was really cool =).
Here is a picture of the outside. This is actually a mall and the grocery store is in the basement. This is common with other grocery stores around too.




So the first time I went was a little overwhelming. Take a look at this milk section for example. Which one would you pick? =)





Or soy sauce? Just because it is a dark liquid in a bottle, does not mean it is soy sauce. I still don't know what I bought that first day. Luckily, I have since gone back and struck gold =).



One thing I was excited about was yogurt. We eat a lot of it at home so I thought I'd stock up on some. I bought ten of these guys. The kids were excited as they had never had grape yogurt before. Um yeah, those were not yogurts. I think Eric decided to have one when he got home from work and suprise, it was jello. Oopsies! I also attempted to buy kitchen sized garbage bags and ended up with sandwich size bags. This kind of thing has happened a few times and we just laugh.



Here is Abby at our bagging station. Once we check out and pay for the groceries, we go to a seperate area and bag everything up.













This has been a great little store for us and I am so thankful!








Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nina said...

Thank you for this grocery store experience in pictures. The perfect way to start was the pose picture from E and A! Tell E it was a very cool pose. I also admire your spirit of adventure and just getting out there. Fun to pick out what you need along with a surprise or two. Good attitude to just laugh and enjoy the items you didn't expect. The sidewalk it so nice too! Best part is to see whats around you and were you go . Thank you Sarita mia!! Amor xoxo

Brazenlilly said...

It is so cool to see where you are doing your shopping! Did anyone think it was funny that you were taking pictures? :) I'm so glad you did. I showed Carson the picture of the milk and he said "That is so terrifying." I'm not sure why the strong reaction, but those were his words. I was worried when you said it wasn't yogurt that it was cat food or something. :) The outside shots are so cool too...it looks so clean! Thanks for posting the pics!