Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Little Man

Ethan has been a great little helper this week. He has opened doors for me, given me tons of hugs, and even tucked me in for a nap because he wanted to. After he tucked me in and told me a story, he sweetly asked if I would tuck him in now.
Tonight the kids wanted to watch Monster's Inc. I told Ethan to go ahead and start the movie because I had to finish cleaning the kitchen. About 5 minutes later, I walked downstairs and saw they hadn't started it yet. They were just quietly talking on the couch waiting for me to start the movie. Ethan told me they waited for me because they love me. That made this mama's heart melt big time.

4 comments:

eets said...

Tell him I said great job being "man" of the house while I'm gone!

Brazenlilly said...

I love him so much. I love that he has his mama's sensitive and compassionate spirit! I was just talking with another mom today bout how special it is to be a mother of a SON. So glad he's helping this be a good week for you!

Nina said...

I am beyond proud ! He has taken his daddy's words to heart . Love you so much little E.T. I didn't have boys but I was given my boys when they married my girls. I love my big boys and my little men so much!

butters said...

Sarah... something about your posts when Eric are gone just bring tears to my eyes. Your family is so darn cute! And now, with all you're blogging you're inspiring to get back to mine! Your little buddy is so sweet and I agree with Jen, he must have your sensitive and loving heart. I'm glad you're getting "taken care of." Can't wait to see you guys!