Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Muddy Buddies

It all started on a hot day a few weeks back. The kids were having fun playing in the sprinklers. They got bored of that after awhile, so they decided to carry some water in containers and dump it in the dirt. I went in the kitchen to clean up a bit and came back to find their feet covered in mud. No big deal. They can just run in the sprinklers and it will come off like that. I then remembered as a kid my mom letting me play in the mud and make mud patties. I have such good memories of that. So what is a mother to do. Maybe I'm a crazy mother, but I told them to go ahead. Ethan knew what I meant, but wanted to be sure so he asked me. I said cover yourself in mud from head to toe. If only I could have captured the giant smiles on their faces when I said that. =) They had such a blast rubbing it in every possible spot. It took a little work to clean them up (spray down with the hose and an extra long bath) but it was SO worth it!

A little here and a little there
rub rub rub






Roooaaaarrr


Showing off their muscles and Abby's floatie swimsuit


5 comments:

Jo B. said...

What a blast they must have had! Hilarious photos, Sarah! What a delightful memory that you helped them make. I wish I could have seen a photo of you and Becky after your mudplay!

Steph said...

Oh my goodness! What a fun mama you are! I'm inspired to let my kids get filthy...kind of. I would have love to seen a pic of the bathtub after clean-up. Great pics, Sarah - keep it up! :)

Nina said...

I can see and feel the joy of the day my oh so cute muddy grandkids had. Great job Mama passing on a great memory of you and your sister playing in the mud and making mud pies. I know how it feel cause my Mama gave your auntie and I mud pie times too(: I'm going to try and find your muddy pictures. Love you!

Nina said...

Jack was with me last night while Dad and Mom were at worship team practice. Loved every minute. I wanted to comment that Jack loved every mud picture. He asked to make them each big as he would say. He wanted to know what was on them. I'll tell you more when I see you. They will make you smile!!!

Becky said...

Sarah, you're the best mom ever! These are so cute and clearly that had so much fun! Reminds me of a few mud pies we made. So glad you took pictures and shared.