Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ethan and Thomas the Train

So for Ethan's birthday this year we took him to see Thomas the Train at the Memorial
Coliseum. We didn't tell him where we were going until we were at the MAX station (watch the video). We road the MAX, which is exciting on it's own, to the show. After sitting in our seats for a bit and watching a few cast members entertain us, we heard a whistle. I wish you could have seen his face. The perfect mixture of joy and surprise. You guessed it, it was Thomas. It was an evening filled with songs, audience participation and looking over at Ethan every few seconds. As you can tell by the last picture, Ethan had a great time. In fact, when it was over, he asked if he could do it again =).

Waiting for the MAX with my silly boy


Here is a picture after the show was over. I think he liked it =)


3 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

SO cute! He has the best smile EVER. I love at the end of the video, he starts looking around, kind of like: what are we waiting for? Let's GO! Or starting to look around for Thomas already. Love it!

butters said...

This is too cute. I love that you got to go! I would have liked to take Nate but we were out of town then. I can tell by Ethan's big smiles that it was worth it. That video is darling. It makes me smile just watching it.

Becky said...

What great parents you are! Looks like you made a fun memory...and nice work on getting the video that right way.