Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ethan and Abby's Barnyard Birthday Party

Since Ethan and Abby are not even a week apart, we decided on a double birthday party. Abby turns one tomorrow and Ethan turns 3 on the 16th. Ethan has this little tradition of getting sick on his birthday =), but things turned out alright. He even got a second wind and was running all over the place smiling and laughing. It really was a great day!


Best picture ever! Thanks Uncle Mike for putting this keepsake together!

My sweet sister Becky came over on Friday to help decorate the cakes. My mom watched the kids so we could focus =). It took some time, but we did it. Thanks Becky and mom! Abby got a pig cake.


Ethan requested a cow cake

I love me some cheese shaped like a pig. =) Seriously though, look at those eyes!

Ethan telling his buddies what he wanted them to do for the picture =)

They're all sitting and wearing hats. That's an accomplishment =)

These are a little out of order. After I took the candle out, she quickly went for the frosting. What a smart girl!


Abby making her funny face


Cake in one hand and frosting in the other


Mmm.


This one makes me smile. The week leading up to his birthday, he kept talking about this moment.

I love this picture!!! Thanks Mike!

Watch out ladies! Look at that little grin!



A little cake still on the face, but still pretty cute!



How cute is Henry in this picture! Notice the party animal in the back =).



Ethan requested balloons and party hats.










4 comments:

butters said...

Love the pictures and the cakes... do you girls know how to make train cakes?!

I am sad we missed out on the fun. I am also sad that we missed seeing you today. You are such a sweet friend and mama... I need not only my Abby and Ethan fix but my Sarah fix too!

We'll have to do a girls coffee night or movie night soon. And Happy Birthday to miss Abby tommorrow! Love you guys,

Roy B. said...

Great shot of the boys playing with Nina and Mike snoozing in the background.

Linz said...

Very nice cakes...I was nice of you to make 2. If I could somehow justify one party and one cake for all three boys, I would do it in a heartbeat!Looks like a great party.

Happy Birthday Ethan and Abby!

Steph said...

What a fun day!!! I'm glad I was there to see Ethan get his second wind. :) Love the pic of Abby's funny face. What an absolute doll. Also, I love the balloon pics with Mr. Party Animal living it up in the background. :) zzzzzz...

Yay, happy day!