Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ethan holding Jack for the 1st time

This was a few weeks ago, but am finally uploading some pictures onto the computer. Ethan had to be so patient. When Jack was born, Ethan had a cold so we wanted to be careful. When the moment finally arrived, Ethan was SO EXCITED. Just look at these pictures. I have video, but unfortunately our camcorder is being repaired AGAIN. Video to follow hopefully in a few weeks. These first few shots of Ethan right when he got Jack. I love the progression of his smile.








A shot of Jack looking at the camera


Ethan giving a gentle huga sweet kiss
He also likes to point out Jack's nose, hair, mouth and eyes. This is Ethan's "Uh Oh" face. It means, "Um, the baby is crying and I have no idea what to do. Would somebody help me?"

He now talks about "the baby" all the time. This last weekend we were at my parent's house and Becky and Jack walked in the door. Instead of running towards Becky and Jack, he ran to the couch, jumped up, and said "I do it." Translation: I want to hold Jack. Please hand him over. These guys are going to have so much fun together.

4 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

Oh my gosh! Those are enough to just melt your heart. I love the series of smiles too...timid to happy to about to burst with excitment! I'm so excited to see Jack grow up and be one of the boys!

Peaby said...

That is too fun. It will be awesome to show them these pictures when they are young men. I'm sure they will still be great friends!

Steph said...

Ha! No one can smile like Ethan! These pictures are SO cute. I'm glad you captured this special moment with so many shots. Maybe if he likes holding Jack so much, we can teach him to change his diapers, too. :)

Peaby said...

I just can't get over this...had to comment again! I love that last smile picture. It's like his face is about to explode. What a great moment! Thanks for taking a picture of it. It will be fun to see Ethan with his little sister!