Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Our Surprise Beach Trip

Last Friday Eric called me with little information except that I needed to pack and then pick him up from work. For such short notice I was pretty impressed with my packing skills. With the car loaded we were on our way to Nike. I still have no idea what is going on. He starts to drive and drives for a few miles without telling me what we're doing. Of course I was dying inside to know what the plan was. Finally he said, "how would you like to go the beach for 3 days." Um hello, you know it!!! This was our first Thompson family vacation since Ethan has been born. It was so amazing. Thanks for an incredible adventure sweetie! I enjoyed every second!



These first three pictures are my favorite. Ethan loves to point.

My boys checkin out the waves. That doesn't look so bad.
Um, a little help here. This one is taller than me.
(blow this one up for the full experience)
Don't you want to hug 'em


What is this stuff?

Looking at the fish at the Hatfield Aquarium in Newport.




We stayed just outside of Lincoln City, but decided to drive North to Cannon Beach. Somebody wanted to go to the bakery =). As you can see it was amazing weather. Ethan is in charge of Sunny in this picture.


2 comments:

Steph said...

Great pics Sarah! I'm so glad you had such a terrific weekend. :) I love the one of Ethan with the sandy hand. Heee.

butters said...

How fun is that! Great job Eric on a surprise gettaway. I think anything out of the ordinary is fun especially when somedays you feel like the movie "Groundhog day" living the same day over and over again.(: Love the pictures.
Jenna